The main intention behind this site visit was to demonstrate and share learning from the Active School Flag (ASF) initiative as part of Joint Action CHRODIS-PLUS
And what were the main learning outcomes of this site visit?
- To gain an understanding of the background policy and programme context to ASF- To gain an understanding of:
- The key components of ASF, in particular, the core elements that must be implemented to achieve the desirable changes in physical activity of children
- The ASF programme, practical steps in engaging schools, implementation, administration, etc.
- The success criteria for participating schools
- The different types of partnerships required to implement and support ASF
- To learn about the success factors, challenges and key drivers of ASF
- To gain an insight into the research linked to ASF programme
- To gain an understanding of ASF in practice through visiting demonstration schools across Dublin city
- To clarify the next steps and actions required to support the pre-implementation planning phase with local implementation groups in other member states.
Click here for a link to all resources and presentation from this event.
The full agenda of the event can be found here.