WP4 has the aim of supporting Member States with respect to the implementation of new or innovative policies and practices that further empowerment, health promotion and prevention, and the management of chronic diseases and multimorbidity.
To achieve this goal, a Governing Board will be assembled and 17 action plans will be developed based upon 17 policy dialogues on different topics. Please click here to read the Guide to National Policy Dialogues.
A report will also be produced, including an analysis regarding the sustainability and integration into national policies of CHRODIS proposals beyond 2020, as well as a Consensus Statement concerning the EU added value of cross-country collaboration in the field of chronic diseases.
- May 2018 – The terms of reference and operating procedures are to be approved at the first meeting of the Governing Board
- February/May 2018 – First Governing Board meeting
- February/April 2019 – Second Governing Board meeting
- September 2019 – 17 Policy Dialogues completed
- February 2020 – 17 action plans developed based on Policy Dialogues
- May 2020 – Third Governing Board meeting
- June 2020 – Report on Integration into national policies and sustainability
- June 2020 – Consensus statement on the European added value of cross-country collaboration in the field of chronic diseases
Iñaki Imaz, Leader of the Work Package on Integration into National Policies, Institute of Health Carlos III, Spain
Leader: VULSK (Vilnius University Hospital Santarisku Klinikos), Lithuania
Co-leader: ISCIII (Institute for Health Carlos III), Spain
Timeline: September 2017- August 2020
This task’s objective is to assemble a board comprised of representatives from the Ministries of Health of all of the Member States that participate in CHRODIS PLUS. The Governing Board’s mission is to provide feedback and policy guidance in regards to the Joint Action’s progress. The Governing Board’s national representatives will serve as liaisons between their National Health Systems and CHRODIS PLUS. The Governing Board will support and provide input to the WPs in order to facilitate alignment between CHRODIS PLUS and a country’s needs.
Output: Three Governing Board meetings to be held during the lifetime of CHRODIS-PLUS
Leader: NIJZ (National Institute of Public Health), Slovenia. Co-leader: ISS (National Institute of Health), Italy
Timeline: February 2018 – April 2020
The objectives of this task are:
- to map experiences regarding the uptake of JA-CHRODIS and CHRODIS PLUS results and actions from Member States, with analyses of the barriers, promoters and facilitators;
- to provide evidence, lessons and experience gained regarding the essential elements of sustainability with respect to achieving changes to the approaches employed in health promotion and care for people with chronic diseases;
- to deliver country-specific proposals with the aim of supporting Member States in reaching the 2025 targets set by the WHO/UN, including further funding sources for the implementation/transfer/scaling-up of best practices; and
- to consider relevant aspects pertaining to health system changes and behavioural changes at the healthcare personnel level, as well as in regards to patients.
Output: Interim Report on Integration in National Policies and Sustainability
Leader: MoH IT (Italian Ministry of Health), Italy
Co-leader: CSJA (Andalusian Department of Health), Spain
Timeline: February 2019 – August 2020
The objective of this task is to author a consensus statement concerning
An analysis of the integration into national policies and sustainability of JA-CHRODIS and CHRODIS PLUS proposals beyond 2020 will be performed and used as input for authoring the Consensus Statement.
Output: Report on the Integration in National Policies and Sustainability, and the Consensus Statement proposal sent to the Executive Board for endorsement.
KEY EXPERTS AND ORGANISATIONS
|WP 4 Leader||WP 4 Co-leader|
|Iñaki Imaz – Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), Spain||Elena Jurevičienė – Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu Klinikos, Lithuania (VULSK)|
“CHRODIS PLUS is an extensive and wide-ranging project requiring significant effort to ensure that its research takes into account the actual situation of Member States so that it is able to propose sustainable and suitable actions. We are very committed to this work, having in mind the importance that an increased implementation of good practices in the prevention and management of chronic diseases has for Europe. It is an honour be a member of this team that boosts innovation in a multifaceted and crucial field for the health of our population.”
- Lead: ISCIII, Spain. Iñaki Imaz (email@example.com)
- Task lead: VULSK, Lithuania. Elena Jureviciene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Task lead: EuroHealthNet, Belgium. Anne Pierson (A.Pierson@eurohealthnet.eu); Anna Gallinat (A.Gallinat@eurohealthnet.eu)
- Task lead: NIJZ, Slovenia. Jelka Zaletel (email@example.com)
- Task lead: MoH Italy. Giovanni Nicoletti (firstname.lastname@example.org); Paolo Michelutti (email@example.com)
- Task co-lead: ISS, Italy
- Task co-lead: CSJA, Spain